God used speech to establish reality when He created the universe. He spoke, and it was so. In the same vein, we, His children, can speak biblical truth over our lives and expect it to reveal itself in our lives. An effective way to see God’s Word become reality in our lives is by using powerful morning declarations at the beginning of our day.
Our words are the channel for God’s promises to manifest in our lives. Words are not visible, though extremely powerful. Words have creative power. We can use them to work for or against us.
“The tongue can bring death or life; those who love to talk will reap the consequences.”Proverbs 18:21 (NLT)
Basically, declaring scriptures over ourselves is stating them and announcing them over our lives. We can use powerful daily declarations throughout the day at any point in time. Even while lying in our beds or relaxing at the beach, we can declare God’s Word over our lives. All are excellent ways. However, a morning declaration is the most powerful way to start the day because we command our day into God’s hands.
The most important aspect of proclaiming or declaring over our lives is that what we say should be based on the Word of God (biblical). God will perform His word as captured in our affirmations because He has said He will fulfill His Word, and He does not lie and never changes. He is faithful.
“For I am the Lord! If I say it, it will happen.”Ezekiel 12:25 (NLT)
What does the Bible Say about Commanding your Day?
Commanding the day with declarations based on scripture is a simple yet incredibly powerful way to enable us walk in greater authority over our day. We are daughters of the King, we have the authority to command our day.
Commanding our day is prophesying over our day. Powerful morning declarations activate God’s Word in our lives. God did the same. He declared, and the mere utterance of His Word created the world.
“By faith we understand that the entire universe was formed at God’s command, that what we now see did not come from anything that can be seen.”Hebrews 11:3 (NLT)
What does command mean in the Bible? The definition of a commandment is a rule that must be obeyed, especially one handed down by God. A command is authoritative. The good news is that God gave us authority (Luke 10:19). We can use this authority to command our day by using biblical truth in our morning declarations.
Commanding the Morning Scriptures
The Bible is full of references to mornings. His mercies are new every morning (lamentations 3:22-23). His servants praise Him in the morning (Psalm 59:16). He wakes us up in the morning and opens our understanding to His will (Isaiah 50:4-5). Etcetera.
Mornings are important to God, and he wants to hear from us as soon as we wake up. He longs to see us. In response to this love, we can raise our voices to Him as soon as we wake up. We can direct our prayers and our declarations to Him in the morning.
“My voice You shall hear in the morning, O Lord; In the morning I will direct it to You, and I will look up.”Psalm 5:3 (NKJV)
God does not just want to hear from us in the morning, nor does He only speak in the morning. He also commands the morning itself:
“Have you ever commanded the morning to appear and caused the dawn to rise in the east?”Job 38:12 (NLT)
How do I speak God’s Promises in my Life?
The promises of God are captured in His Word and in His Son, Jesus. Knowing His Son and His Word enables us to tap into His promises and declare them over our lives. By using powerful morning declarations, we speak the promises of God over our lives. Speaking a biblical declaration is saying “yes” and “amen” to God’s Word.
“For all of God’s promises have been fulfilled in Christ with a resounding ‘Yes!’ And through Christ, our ‘Amen’ (which means ‘Yes’) ascends to God for his glory.”2 Corinthians 1:20 (NLT)
Types of Morning Declarations
When creating your own affirmations, you can think of various types of powerful daily declarations, depending on your need:
- Daily declarations of faith.
- Prophetic declarations.
- Daily declarations for spiritual warfare.
- Powerful declarations for breakthrough.
- Uplifting affirmations to boost your mood.
- Declarations of good health and strength.
- Positive affirmations about ourselves and our families.
Seven Simple Steps to Creating Powerful Morning Declarations
- Assess: look for a need or desire in your life.
- Search: seek scriptures that address this need or desire.
- Convert: use the Bible verses and convert these into a personal, powerful morning declaration.
- Simplify: begin with just one affirmation and add more over time and keep sentences simple.
- Audibly: speak aloud.
- Consistency: declare as first thing in the morning, each day; no matter whether you are in the mood, or whether you are in good health or ill.
- Believe: trust that God will perform His Word.
Write your declarations down, and use beautiful Bible pens & highlighters for journaling.
When creating your own list of powerful morning declarations, you can make use of 7 letter inspiring words for women (the number 7 symbolizes divine completeness and perfection, representing God’s sovereignty, holiness, and the fulfillment of His purposes).
‘The God of New Beginnings’ provides rich insights, examples, and guidance for receiving your new beginning from God. You will learn to grasp God’s nature, trust Him, and rely on His unfailing love for you.
15 Powerful Morning Declarations
Creating a habit of pronouncing positive daily declarations as first thing in the morning is powerful in many ways. We focus on God instead of on ourselves and remember ourselves of His promises. Speaking them aloud boosts our faith and enables us to face the day confidently. We set the manifestation of God’s Word into our lives in motion.
Example Declarations for Commanding Your Morning
1. God is faithful, He will not allow my foot to be moved. I will walk in strength and dignity today because the Lord watches over me as I come and go. I will not walk in darkness because God is my light and my salvation, He will brighten up my path as I go.
2. This is the day the Lord has made; I will rejoice and be glad in it. Nothing and no-one can stop me from enjoying this day and living wholeheartedly in it, no matter what obstacles I may encounter and no matter how I feel. I will lift my heart and voice to God and glorify His Name.
3. I will not be afraid because God is with me.
4. Because my God is the God of new beginnings, I wake up in, and walk in expectancy of heavenly surprises. I will not allow my mind to expect bad things, but I will focus on my savior and live in hope.
5. I will succeed in anything I do today because God gives me the victory.
6. This is a great day! God has commanded His angels to guard me in all my ways, I will not be harmed and no disaster will come near me. I am preserved from all evil. My soul is save and I am blessed in my going out and my coming in, today and forever forevermore.
7. The Lord is my shepherd, therefore I will not lack. I put off my scarcity-mind and trust God with my needs. I will not worry about the day or my future, because God will supply all my needs according to His riches in glory.
8. I know that God’s plans for me are good and not for evil. His plans for me will surely come to pass because my future is in God’s hands. His divine purpose for me will stand and I will dwell in the House of the Lord all the days of my life.
9. I am blessed and highly favored.
10. I am created in God’s likeliness and I am perfect. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.
11. I embrace all the good things God has prepared for me and I am ready to receive every good and perfect gift from above. I open my mouth wide and will taste the goodness of God.
12. I am loved, accepted, and wanted; I am precious in God’s eye. My name is engrafted in the palm of God’s hand, and I am good enough.
13. My family and I are protected throughout the day because God watches over us and protects us. God’s glory covers us, and goodness and mercy shall follow us everywhere we go.
14. I am strong because God renews my strength daily. With every breath that I am able, I will declare the goodness of God no matter what will happen today.
15. God has blessed the work of my hands. He gave me the wisdom, stamina, and skills to do my job today. I will excel in all I do at work and at home.
God’s Word is the life-giving source of our daily declarations
Remember that the power of these morning affirmations is not the way we put words together or even the way we eloquently pronounce them. It is the miracle-working power of the Word of God itself that makes them truly powerful.
For example, an awesome way to affirm protection over your life is by declaring Psalm 91 personalized prayers.
“It is the same with my word. I send it out, and it always produces fruit. It will accomplish all I want it to, and it will prosper everywhere I send it.”Isiah 55:11 (NLT)
Lord, I thank You for the power of Your Word. Thank You for waking us up each day and letting us see another beautiful morning. We step out in faith, trusting that You will carry us through the day.
By grace You have called us, and by grace we can use Your Word to proclaim life over our lives. We declare all the good things and promises in Your Word over our lives by proclaiming them in the mornings, and we receive powerful results throughout the day.
We trust You and Your Word. The same way as each Word that goes out from your lips will accomplish what You have sent it for, Your word on our lips will perform miracles. Thank You, Lord. In Jesus’ Name. Amen.